1. Who we are
1.1 This website is operated by RISC Vision Limited. We are a private limited company, registered in England and Wales with company number 11300585. Our registered office address is 21 Shearwater Court, Star Place, London, E1W 1AD, United Kingdom.
1.2 We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom.
2. Our website and platform
2.2 Throughout our website and/or platform we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to improve our service offering. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
3. Our collection and use of your personal information
3.1 We collect personal information about you when you access our website and/or platform, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase services via our website and/or platform, post material to our website and/or platform and complete customer surveys via our website.
3.2 We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase services via our website and/or platform or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website and/or platform (see ‘Cookies’ below).
3.3 The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website and/or platform. This information may include:
- your name, address and contact details
- information relating to your position within your organisation
- details of any feedback you give us by chat-bot, phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username and login details
3.4 We use this personal information to: create and manage your account with us verify your identity provide services to you customise our website and/or platform and their content to your particular preferences notify you of any changes to our website, our platform, or to our services that may affect you improve our services
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide services to you
- customise our website and/or platform and their content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website, our platform, or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
3.5 The website and platform are not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
4. Our legal basis for processing your personal information
4.1 When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
4.2 The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information — the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
When information is collected
What information we ask for
How and why we use your information
When you register with us
Contact details: your name, email address and confirmation of the organisation you work for
We ask for this:— to create and manage your account with us— to communicate with you about your account
When you use your account to access our platform
Your account details, such as username and login details
We ask for this to improve our service offering by, for example, creating an account-linked portfolio of entities that you will be monitoring. We may rely on the ‘consent, ‘contract’ and/or ‘legitimate interests’ bases as the lawful bases for collecting and using your personal information.
When payments of our charges are made in relation to your account
Your account details, such as username and login details
We ask for this to facilitate your payment for our services.We may rely on the ‘consent, ‘contract’ and/or ‘legitimate interests’ bases as the lawful bases for collecting and using your personal information.
When we update any of the documents that form our contract with you
Contact details: your name, email address, phone number and information relating to your position within your organisationYour account details, such as username and login details
We ask for this so that we can keep you updated with important changes. We rely on the ‘consent’ and/or ‘legitimate interests’ bases as the lawful bases for collecting and using your personal information.
When you or we close your account
Your account details, such as username and login details
We ask for this to ensure account closing procedures are followed properly. We may rely on the ‘consent, ‘contract’ and/or ‘legitimate interests’ bases as the lawful bases for collecting and using your personal information.
4.3 We will keep all the information referred to in the table above securely for a reasonable period after your account is closed (for example, to send you marketing information, unless you have opted out, or in order to facilitate reopening the account if required).
5. Who we share your personal information with
5.1 We will not routinely share your personal information with third parties. From time to time, we may share your personal data with our third party suppliers (for example, if we engage a third party to help resolve any issues arising on your account). For a list of the third party suppliers with whom we share personal data, please contact email@example.com.
5.2 Some of these third party recipients may be based outside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area — for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see ‘Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA’.
5.3 We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
6. Whether information has to be provided by you and, if so, why
6.1 We require you to provide your name, address and contact details (including email address and telephone number), together with your bank account and payment details to enable us to register your account and provide our services to you. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
7. Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA
7.1 We may transfer your personal information outside the United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA) in order to provide your contact details so that our overseas suppliers can provide their services to us (e.g. where we have engaged them to help resolve any issues arising on your account).
7.2 Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the UK and EEA. Nevertheless, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to appropriate safeguards (as permitted under Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation) that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
7.3 If you would like further information, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the area comprising the UK and EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
8. Cookies and other tracking technologies
8.2 For further information on cookies, how we use them, when we will request your consent before placing them and how to disable them, please go to https://www.riscvision.com/cookie-policy.
9.1 We would like to send you information about our services which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
9.2 We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you register your account with us.
9.3 If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
- updating your marketing preferences on the ‘settings’ page of your account
10. Your rights
10.1 Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
10.2 For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
10.3 If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your contact details and account details),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
11. Keeping your personal information secure
11.1 We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
11.2 We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. How to complain
12.1 We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
12.2 The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
14. How to contact us
14.1 Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
14.2 If you wish to contact us, please send an email to please send an email to email@example.com.